BEFORE YOU BEGIN - PLEASE NOTE!
When tightening and loosening screws, be careful to prevent cross-threading, and always use a non-permanent locking compound (ie blue Loctite, not red - included in the tool kit) on the threads of all screws that mount to the board. This will reduce the potential for unwanted loosening while touring/riding.
Phantom Rocket Risers mount directly to the factory heel riser inserts in your board.
- With your boot locked in to the toe, lower the heel to determine correct riser positioning.
- When in the upright position, you want the climbing wires to land somewhere in the middle of the heel as in FIGURE 1.
- Some boots have a tread pattern where, if the risers are positioned either a little too far forward or a little too far back, the climbing wires may actually get stuck in the tread "voids." Try to make sure both wires land on a solid part of the sole.
- As always, use non-permanent blue Loctite (included in the tool kit) on the screws to prevent unwanted loosening!
- The rails on our Rocket Risers are slotted to allow for a "soft lockdown" using a 20-inch ski strap as illustrated in FIGURE 2. This feature is really intended for sidehilling only, not for downhill skiing as it is not rated to release and may lead to knee or other injuries.